Sounds of home

Through the windows

Currently, I am confined in my small bedroom at my childhood home. My windows are wide open, allowing the fresh summer breeze to cool the otherwise boiling hot room. Although the breeze is making the summer heat much more bearable, the noises coming through the windows are ruffling my feathers. 

The frogs that arrive in June of every year, are croaking in a disordered symphony. Occasionally, another raucous bike passes by from the street. The sound of the dilapidated silencer creates a perfect imagery of what the motorbike looks like- a black 2007 Honda Splendor that has collected two decades worth of dust in a matter of 30 minutes on the ill paved road. 

I can hear my neighbor calling out for his dogs. His voice drowns out the voices of his dogs are barking at seemingly nothing. Their other canine buddies have joined in, creating an animal orchestra- frogs, crickets and dogs, all performing their song of the summer. 

These are the sounds of my hometown, something that is making me so aggravated currently. I know it sounds silly, but when you are feeling awfully hot, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING,will get on your nerves. Still I get a feeling of nostalgia. Someday, I won't be sleeping in this room of mine, but in a small dormitory in a foreign country and I'll miss these sounds that make me feel at home. 
 
                                            Image via Pinterest. All rights to the owner. This is not my image


Comments